Re: Master Branch Versions of NVDA

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi Sam
master snapshots only do from master to master but at some time the master every 3 months then becomes a RC release then after that the release you see. for example nvda 2017.1
I just downloaded a master snapshot and had a look under the whats new section and copied this out of it.
Is this what you want to see is below.
What's New in NVDA
2017.2
New Features
• Cell border information can now be reported in Microsoft Excel by using `NVDA+f`. (#3044)
• Added support for aria-current attributes. (#6358)
• Support automatic language switching in Microsoft Edge. (#6852)
Bug Fixes
• Web page menu items (menu item checkbox's and radio buttons) can now be activated while in browse mode. (#6735)
• Excel sheet name reporting is now translated. (#6848)
• Pressing ESC while the configuration profile "Confirm Deletion" prompt is active now dismisses the dialog. (#6851)
• Fix some crashes in Mozilla Firefox and other Gecko applications where the multi-process feature is enabled. (#6885)
• Reporting of the background color in screen review is now more accurate when text was drawn with a transparant background (#6467)
• Improved support for aria-describedby in Internet Explorer 11, including support within iframes and when multiple IDs are provided. (#5784)
• In the Windows Creaters Update, NVDA's audio ducking again works as in previous Windows releases (I.e. Duck with speech and sounds, always duck, and no ducking are all available). (#6933)
• NVDA will no longer fail to navigate to or report certain (UIA) controls where a keyboard shortcut is not defined. (#6779)
• Two empty spaces are no longer added in keyboard shortcut information for certain (UIA) controls. (#6790)
Changes for Developers
• Commandline arguments are now processed with Python's argparser module, rather than optparser. This allows certain options such as -r and -q to be handled exclusively. (#6865)
• core.callLater now queues the callback to NVDA's main queue after the given delay, rather than waking the core and executing it directly. This stops possible freezes due to the core accidentally going to sleep after processing a callback, in the midle of a modal call such as the desplaying of a message box. (#6797)
There will be more added to the master in the next month or so.

By the way for my snapshots of the master i created a directory called master snapshots put all the files into it then created a shortcut on the desk top but i use the ALT key + CTRL key + the letter M for master snapshots.

but also run a stable version of NVDA which is nvda 2017.1

I like trying out the new features then at times write or record a tutorial using those features.

Gene nz

On 17/03/2017 9:01 AM, Georgina Ivory | Grey Power Electricity wrote:

How likely are you to recommend
Grey Power Electricity to a friend or colleague?

0

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

10

0 - Not likely
     10 - Very likely

The email was sent by AskNicely on behalf of Grey Power