Re: Piriform Recuva,v1.53.1087 recovering folders using nvda?

Well I had a few drives that failed all at once.
I was able to recover all the file names but not the contents.
While the majority of files could be transfered, as well as some stuff locally stored, the fact was that most of the data was gone.
Even after recovering from another less failing but still dammaged drive, I still lost a couple unimportant folders.
It was better than what I lost origionally but still.

Yes all recover is doing is changing bits in the file allocation
table. You probably cannot make the folder the same as s before due to
the way ntfs tends to work. However you can do exactly what windows
does when you move a file, it merely changes the fat so the same file
locations are pointed to by an entry in that new folder. Obviously until
its been recovered every write you do including nothing at all runs the
risk of corrupting the files so its best to just restore them to
anywhere then fiddle with them later. Another word of warning is that if
they are dlls or other system files they lose their registration even if
you eventually put them back where they were.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-