Update: RE: No remote speech with the NVDA Remote Addon

Jonathan Milam

Hi All,

As an update, if I connect to an Remote Desktop session, I am able to hear remote audio perfectly, but just using F11 gives me no speech.  I’ve also ensured that the keyboard layouts match, and have tried on multiple computers using www.nvdaremote.com and nvdaremote.com as the relay servers without success. I have even ensured that allowing key commands in other applications within preferences is checked.  I have even scrolled through all of the NVDA remote archive messages and cannot find a solution.

Thanks for any help!

Jonathan

Sent: Friday, March 17, 2017 1:56 PM
To: 'nvda@nvda.groups.io' <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: No remote speech with the NVDA Remote Addon

Hi All,

I recently installed NVDA and the Remote Add-on to test its functionality.  I am able to successfully connect the two computers, and get the notification that both are connected, but when I press F11, I get no speech from the remote machine, though I do hear a message that I am now controlling the remote machine.  The remote audio Mute option is not checked on the controlling computer.  I am using nvdaremote.com as the host, and ensuring that the controlled computer and controlling computer settings are properly set as well.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.