Re: does nvda have number processing?

Quentin Christensen

If you mean to read "12345" as "one two three four five" or "Twelve thousand, three hundred and forty-five", then not so much at this stage, the synthesizer mostly handles that currently.  You could add an entry to the dictionary, probably using Regex would be easiest, to try and adjust how numbers are read, or else create an add-on.  The tricky thing is with any adjustment to how something is read, that in different contexts, the same text can mean different things, for instance. "Ring the doctor on 5556835" would be more easily understood if the numbers are read out individually, whereas "I got a new high score in my game: 5556835!" sounds better as five million, five hundred and fifty-six thousand, eight hundred and thirty-five, but it's very hard to pick the right context.

On Sat, Feb 25, 2017 at 9:59 AM, Dennis L <dennisl1982@...> wrote:

Hi, is there a way  to tell nvda how to handle number processing?

--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

www.nvaccess.org