Re: NVDA and QuickBooks

Quentin Christensen

NVDA doesn't change the settings of other programs.  I think what happens in this case from reading Angelo's message is that Quick books detects NVDA and automatically sets itself up to work with the screen reader, or offers to.  Just like how if you open a PDF file in Acrobat reader while you have a screen reader running, Acrobat will detect that and offer to set the file up to read for you.

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 10:26 PM, john s <jschwery@...> wrote:
how does NVDA change the settings of a program?  I hope it warns first before changing settings.

At 06:49 AM 3/20/2017, you wrote:
That's handy to know, thanks for sharing!

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 3:10 AM, Angelo Sonnesso <asonnesso@...> wrote:
Well I was pleasantly surprised when I installed QuickBooks on a computer
for my Executive Director.
Not only does NVDA make QuickBooks accessible, but it automatically changes
the settings of QuickBooks to work best with NVDA.
Very nice.

73 N2DYN Angelo

--
Quentin Christensen