Re: google chrome and the m.facebook.com website help

Armando Maldonado

Hello, I tired installing the chrome extention mentioned and it's a no-go, how do I get this to work? Thanks.

On 3/21/2017 6:02 AM, Brian's Mail list account wrote:
Does sound a bit strange that, as one would at least expecct blankclickable or something.
Maybe its because its a site for mobiles its not conidered in the same way as normal sites are. I have no wish to get embroiled in facebook myself, too much of a time waster.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene" <gsasner@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 5:50 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] google chrome and the m.facebook.com website help

In the Internet Explorer Examples as reproduced in the message, links weren't read correctly.  Underlying code was read.  But Chrome read the links correctly.  It may be that if it can't find text it can use, it skips the underlying code and doesn't treat it as a link.  It may treat it as though it isn't there as far as what the user sees.  I don't know if that is what is going on, but it looks suspiciously as though it is.  If so, and if that is what Chrome does when working with unlabeled links in general, that is a major problem.

Gene
----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 12:25 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] google chrome and the m.facebook.com website help

I tested this as well using the Chrome browser, and I've got the same result. Perhaps the structure in viewing of this site is or the format of the html is different though I hardly used Chrome for my daily works.

Robert MendozaOn 3/21/2017 12:06 PM, The Wolf wrote:

Hello I posted this last night but haven't heard back.

I need some one to try m.facebook.com

in chrome I am unable to find the chat link fore chatting with friends online

below is what internet explorer is showing.

ProfileMessagesNotifications(2)Chat(7)Friends

Menu
 in google chrome I get
 Facebook
 News Feed
  Alt+1
 Friend Requests  Alt+2
 Messages  Alt+3
  Notifications 2 Alt+4
 Search
 Main Menu
 where is the chat link at?
 I am running in to this with nvda and jaws, this only happens with google chrome
 can any one please confirm this am trying to figure out if it is just me running in to this or if facebook broke the site once again.
 thanks
 Hank

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.