Re: Microsoft Edge issue - Forms refreshing

John Hedges

Simple high contrast out-of-the-box. The elements line links can have theme colors adjusted on the system, so they work everywhere.

From: Jacob Kruger
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 2:11 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Microsoft Edge issue - Forms refreshing

In what sense does it provide better for low vision? Is this in terms of form sof adjustment/add-ons?

Ask that since, generally, firefox can offer almost any add-on that any other browser offers, including some that let you adjust general content rendering, etc., but, sorry - I have literally zero experience with low vision adjustment/adaptation, since I went from sighted to 100% blind a few years myself, but, for example, what comes to mind is that if this relates to forms of magnification, etc. then maybe using windows magnifier, along with another browser might be of some use?

But, like said, sorry, but, have no experience with this aspect of accessibility myself.

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
On 2017-03-21 19:59, John Hedges wrote:

I use Edge for low vision and testing. It really should work a bit better in combination. Edge is the best green browser for low vision.  Narrator does not cause a fault condition, but has a different reading behavior.

John

On 2017-03-21 18:59, John Hedges wrote:

No, it is definitely NVDA causing a fault in both drop downs and some input scenarios. I have a page that runs well on Firefox, normal on Chrome, and reloads to a fault condition in Edge with NVDA running. I see this on bank sites and some other places too. It has also been happening on some settings pages, such as add account.

There is some improvement here overall, but it continues to have insert faults, like when a windows drop down closes or when a character is entered. I am using MathML with input when it fails in Edge.

John

Sent from Mail for Windows 10 Build 15063