Re: certification test

Awesome. Thank you for the info.
---
Christopher Gilland

Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 12:11 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] certification test

Hi Gene,

Sorry I didn't get to help you earlier, glad you got the login sorted out.

The cost of the certification is $100 AUD, which works out to around $75 USD (or thereabouts currently, depending on the exchange rate).  The rate for renewals is 50% ($50 AUD or $38 USD or thereabouts, which is a yearly renewal.

Regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 3:02 PM, Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:

hi

It looked as though i had to change to another password without certain symbols been repeated I have logged in and had a play with the test i think i need to get quicker.

Gene nz

Hi Gene,

Yes, the certification is up and running now.  We had a couple of beta testers and then quietly soft-launched it just as we left for CSUN, to try and catch any bugs before they affected too many people.  So we haven't promoted it too hard yet.

Anyone can do the exam, there is no cost for sitting the test, however, after passing the text, to purchase a certificate and have your name added to the certified individuals list costs AUD $100, which is roughly $75 USD (depending on the current exchange rate).  You have 55 minutes to complete the test.

If you have worked through the "Basic Training for NVDA" module, and understood the material, you should be well prepared for the exam, however it is important to stress that purchase of the training module is not required to sit the exam or become certified.

Also, for those who have done the certification, apologies for the delay, I'm about to send the certificates out this morning.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 6:51 AM, Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@....nz> wrote:

Hi Quentin.

I was just reading the archive of the in process blog and also read the part about NVDA certification.

 Is this up and running? and what cost is it?

by the way how logn does the certification last for? i have never done one? Plus what sorta time limit and amount of questions?

Gene nz

Up the top of the page is a link to "log in".  If you go to that link, it takes you to: https://certification.nvaccess.org/login where you can create an account (note that form lets you log in with an existing account as well, so make sure you are in the right part).

Regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 1:06 PM, Shaun Oliver <blindman75@...> wrote:
interesting, I didn't see any such detail on the page when I went there. however, I shall have another look.

On 7/03/2017 12:27, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
The login page apparently has instructions on creating an account. For those in the States, the first time certification fee is about 76 dollars, with the renewal fee being half of that.
Cheers,
Joseph