Re: running filters on messages in thunderbird

Ron Canazzi

Hi Rosemary,

If you followed the steps to create the filter properly, they should automatically go to the folders as received. If there were messages in the inbox that you want filtered before you created the filter, then go to your inbox, press alt + T for tools and R for run filter on folder. This should move the misplaced messages from the inbox to the proper folder/s.

Hi, Ron,

What I'm asking is how do you run a filter on amessage you want to go to the proper folder? Even though I created the message rule for this list, I'm still having messages go to the inbox.

Rosemarie

On 3/24/2017 9:28 PM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Rosemary,

With thunderbird, this process is quite simple.

1. Create your folder by highlighting the tree view of folders, making sure you are at the level desired for the filter creation and use the right click menu to choose new folder and type in a name and press return.

2. Then from the main window, press alt + T for tools, F for filters, tab once to new and press space bar and a standard dialogue opens where you fill in your pertinent information.

This is much easier than some older programs like Outlook Express where when in the filter creation process, the interface was such that you had to do a lot of routing of PC to review or JAWS and so on to choose the contains or does not contain and the folder choices.

Hi, everyone,

How do you run a filter when you get a message in thunderbird? I created my rule for this list but can't get the messages to go in the proper folder.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.