Re: Spotify update?

Gene

You might ask Spotify support about the problem, if there is any way to cause the information to be read.  You might also join a spotify form and ask if anyone  knows how to stop updates in the newer version of the program.

Sent: Saturday, March 25, 2017 6:29 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Spotify update?

Hi Gene.

I've tried that, and it still installs the newer update.

On 3/25/2017 4:53 PM, Gene wrote:

There may be a way to prevent the updates.  The procedure isn't a setting since users aren't supposed to be able to stop the upload.  I doubt anyone on list definitely knows how it is done in the newer client since this isn't something that is generally done but perhaps a year and a half ago, when Spotify dramatically changed their desktop application, there were messages on a Dropbox blog about how to prevent the old program from updating.  The design of the old program is very different from the newer one so the procedure may not apply.  But you will find the procedure given in a comment in a discussion on this page.  It isn't the first comment, I think it's the second.

Sent: Saturday, March 25, 2017 3:19 PM
Subject: [nvda] Spotify update?

Hi, for anyone using the new version, i can't figure out how to get to
my saved albums.

It just shows something called grid.

I've tried installing a older version, but it keeps updating back to the
new version.