Re: attempting to instal the google hangouts plugin to firefox

Kevin Chao

On Sun, Mar 27, 2016 at 2:39 PM Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@...> wrote:
Hello,

While I have been able to get hangouts.google.com to work for making a video call, I haven't been able to get any of the shortcut keys to work
Are you in focus mode?

as are described in https://support.google.com/hangouts/answer/3112005?rd=1 and I'm not really sure where these shortcuts are supposed to work. They interfere with browser-specific hotkeys.
Which ones conflict?

If they are supposed to work in the Hangouts Chrome app, that app doesn't seem to be accessible with NVDA.
I've use them in Hangouts integrated in GMail.com and hangouts.google.com

On 3/27/2016 4:29 PM, Governor staten wrote:

Thanks for that note, as it is something I should have mentioned.

On 3/27/2016 5:09 PM, Kevin Chao wrote:
Note:
This seems to be specific to Firefox, as Governor was able to make a Hangouts video call to me using Internet Explorer. The plugin also installs fine with Chrome and Safari.

On Sun, Mar 27, 2016 at 1:37 PM Governor staten <govsta@...> wrote:
I"ve tried to do this multiple times. It doesn't seem to work. How do I
know this, you ask? I try to make a video call, and it keeps tkaing me
to the plugin install page. I install it, and it sits there saying it
needs to be verified.

While I"m at it, it appears Webvisum is now disabled. I can't remember
why they say it is. I"m running the latest version of Firefox. Any help,
ideas, or whatever would be welcome.
Thanks in advance.