Re: news: CSUNATC17 Audio: The Winding and Long Road for NVAccess

蔡宗豪 Victor Cai

Hi all,
Here is another audio record.

CSUNATC17 Audio: Amazon Rekindles the Fire with Expanded VoiceView - Blind Bargains

Amazon continues to expand the availability of their VoiceView screen reader for mobile devices while also embarking on a variety of accessibility initiatives. Shelly is joined by Peter Korn, Accessibility Architect for Amazon and Jamie Teh, Executive Director for NVAccess for an interview which features two live demos: reading kindle books with NVDA and accessing content with VoiceView for Amazon’s Fire TV. Other initiatives from Amazon are also discussed in this podcast.
Blind Bargains audio coverage of CSUN 2017 is generously sponsored by the American Foundation for the Blind.

Listen to the File

File size: 22.6MB
Length: 33:22
• Download the file
http://www.blindbargains.com/bargains.php?m=16865

We love the candidness from the expanding team at NVAccess about the direction that NVDA is taking and were thrilled they came over to our suite to share some of the latest developments. J.J. is joined by Jamie Teh, Reef Turner, Quentin Christensen, and Mick Curran to discuss a variety of topics including expanded Amazon Kindle and Microsoft Office support, new and expanded training materials, and a certification program that is now available for trainers. We also explore some of the possibilities for the future including contracted braille input and discuss the screen reader landscape and how NVDA fits into the future of assistive technology.
Blind Bargains audio coverage of CSUN 2017 is generously sponsored by the American Foundation for the Blind.

Listen to the File

File size: 42.4MB
Length: 37:24
Download the file