Re: prevent pages from refreshing

Gene

That may be a region of the page and I don't know enough about the subject to know if that should cause the same behavior in NVDA as a full screen refresh.  In other words, I don't know whether that should make the screen-reader return to the top of the page and start reading from the top.  If this behavior is different for different people, why?  Does it depend on the browser, on the version of NVDA, on both?  We may need more information to assist the developers in reproducing or analyzing the problem.  Of course, the developers might want to explore the matter themselves with various pages but more information might be very useful.

Sent: Sunday, March 27, 2016 6:05 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] prevent pages from refreshing

I think I figured out what is refreshing. He do has some Twitter stuff. I went back a while later on yesterday and did sit on the site and I did see the feed refresh every so often.

On 3/26/2016 4:02 PM, Kevin Chao wrote:
I was able to navigate below issue and didn't observe any auto-refreshing issues. I did see some links/images that had no/bad labels, but no other accessibility issue.

On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 12:36 PM Lino Morales <linomorales001@...> wrote:
Kevin here is one. If any of you are fans of Rick Dees and the Weekly Top 40 his site refreshes a lot.
www.rick.com

On 3/26/2016 3:34 PM, Kevin Chao wrote:
Can someone please provide examples of thes type of sites?

On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 12:30 PM Arno Schuh <arno.schuh@...> wrote:
Hi,

Am Samstag, 26. März 2016 17:40 schrieb Gene <gsasner@...>:

> Are you referring to the setting concerning metarefresh in Internet
> Explorer?

That's the option. But it is pretty cumbersome to activate and deactivate
this option anytime you came across such a site.
In Cobra you simply press letter s to freeze the site, and simply press
letter s again to set it free again.
And of course it is no solution to keep the metarefresh option deactivated,
because if so some sites don't work properly; i. e. you can't log in some
site, can't select list items in a list etc.

So a simple feature like in Cobra would be pretty helpful when you came
across such a site.

Yours sincerely

Arno