Re: using NVDA with the facebook website?

Kenny Dog <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi Dan

Below is the list of shortcuts for facebook. these include what ever browser you are using plus the face book ones.

It is probably alot easier to use the single letter ones by or I mean with NVDA. In some cases you will need to change from browse mode into say focus mode say to sign out.

Shortcuts that can be used with FaceBook

Facebook has shortcuts (access keys) for people who only use their keyboards to navigate. If you experience an issue using keyboard shortcuts, please let us know. Keep in mind that keyboard shortcuts can differ by browser (ex: Firefox, Internet Explorer).

Find the right combination of keys for your browser in the list below, and replace # with the access key number listed under Access Keys below.

Internet Explorer for PC: Alt + #, then Enter

Firefox for PC: Shift + Alt + #

Safari for Mac: Ctrl + Opt + #

Firefox for Mac:  Ctrl + Opt + #

Chrome for Mac: Ctrl + Opt + #

Chrome for PC: Alt + #

Access Keys

0 - Help

2 - Timeline

3 - Friends

4 - Inbox

5 – Notifications

6 – Settings

7 - Activity Log

8 - About

9 - Terms

Keyboard Shortcuts

News Feed

j and k - Scroll between News Feed stories

enter/return - See more of the selected story

p - Post a new status

l - Like or unlike the selected story

c - Comment on the selected story

s - Share the selected story

o - Open an attachment from the selected story

q - Search chat contacts

? - Open a list of these keyboard shortcuts while in News Feed

Web Messenger:

CTRL + g - Search conversations

CTRL + q - Show/hide keyboard shortcuts

CTRL + Delete - Archive/unarchive conversation

CTRL + j - Mark as spam

CTRL + m - Start a new message

CTRL + i - Go to Inbox

CTRL + u - Go to Other

On 28-Mar-16 2:12 PM, Dan Beaver wrote:
    Hi,

I have been trying to use the facebook website.  I am totally confused about how to do things like posting things and making comments to friends' posts.  How do you do this with a screen reader and especially NVDA?

Are there shortcuts or something that I should be using?

Thanks.

Dan Beaver