Re: Aria-live and interactive fiction

Not sure but parchment seems to be quite old now, it works well enough especially for complex games for me if you don't use a glulx zcode or tads interpreter offline which I do sometimes do this works really well.

On 7/04/2017 7:50 p.m., Sukil Etxenike via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi,

Lately I've been testing online interactive fiction interpreters. All these implement aria (precisely,aria-live="polite", aria-atomic="false", aria-relevant="additions"). The problem is that with some specific games (like Ad Verbum) NVDA fails to output anything automatically. Link to test this (with Parchment):

adverbum - Parchment <http://iplayif.com/?story=http://ifarchive.org/if-archive/games/zcode/adverbum.z5>

Anyone can clarify why this happens? Note that this is not specific to this game, but this only happens in Parchment (see <http://www.eblong.com/zarf/glulx/quixe/quixe/play-remote.html?story=stories/Advent.ulx.js>). That works properly...

Even more weirdness: Andrew Plotkin uses an older version of Parchment with no ARIA, and it works surprisingly well (compare <http://eblong.com/zarf/zweb/tangle/> and <http://iplayif.com/?story=http://eblong.com/zarf/ftp/Tangle.z5>.

Any thoughts?

Thanks very much,

Sukil