toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
That was a valuable suggestion, thank you!
I'm trying to find an optimized workflow. Currently I have the following sequences figured out:
1. Upon starting Hangouts, enter focus mode then hc to go to conversations. Select one with arrow keys then hit enter to activate it.
2. To read history, tab or shift+tab several times then use arrows to read. Afterwards, tab or shift+tab several times again to go back to text entry.
3. To go to another conversation, esc to close chat, shift+tab to set focus to a meaningful element, hc to go to conversations, then procede as in step 1.
Still seems clunky to me but at least workable. I wouldn't call it productive though. If anyone has an idea how to streamline these user stories, please let me know.
Kind regards, and thanks again,
If using focus mode:
1. Shift+Tab to chat history
2. Up/Down Arrow to navigate messages
3. Conversation traversal is very user-friendly this way...
Regarding Hangouts, has anyone found a way to get rid of the random announcement of lots and lots of timestamps?
It is focus mode.
Sent: Sunday, March 27, 2016 6:49 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] google hangouts on the computer using
By forms mode, remember, that is JAWS
termanology. I think NVDA calls it browse mode, so don't get
confused. Same thing though.
JAWS Certified, 2016.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, March 27, 2016 1:10
Subject: Re: [nvda] google hangouts on
the computer using nvda
This should help a lot. If I'm correct, you need to be in forms mode for
these commands to work.
On 3/27/2016 1:06 AM, Kevin Chao wrote:
Hangouts Keyboard Shortcuts should help:
On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 10:00 PM Governor staten <govsta@...
guys. I need some advice on how to use nvda with google hangouts.
have a feeling that this won't be easy. Has anyone here used
successfully, more than once? If necessary, email me off list.
govsta@... Thanks in advance for all