Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
On 2017-04-12 12:06, Brandt Steenkamp wrote:

Hi, thanks

I went a different root though. I modified the downloaded package and reinstalled. When everything is fixed on my end I will hand it back to the original author for publication.

On 4/12/2017 11:58 AM, Jacob Kruger wrote:

Brandt, to get to the add-ons under an installed version of NVDA, I find simplest method is windows key + R, type in %appData% and hit enter, in that folder, look for NVDA, and, under that, look for addons folder, and, there you should fine a sub-folder per add-on, and, in it's appmodules sub-folder, you should find the .py file he's referring to, which is a form of python source code text file.

HTH

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
On 2017-04-12 11:44, Brandt Steenkamp wrote:

How would I go about doing this?

On 4/12/2017 2:44 AM, Tyler Spivey wrote:
Make sure the baud rate in the addon and the Doubletalk match.
Taking the addon from Jeff's site, on line 74 of doubletalk.py we have:

  port = serial.serial_for_url(PORT, 12000)

I don't know why it's set to 12000. Try changing it to 9600.

On 4/11/2017 12:41 PM, Brandt Steenkamp wrote:
Hi there folks,

I am a relative new-comer to NVDA, though I am familiar with most of the
other screen Readers out there.

I find myself with an interesting issue, namely that my DoubleTalk LT,
connected via a Serial to USB adapter does not want to connect to NVDA,
and when it does, it talks gibberish. Any help on this issue would be
much appreciated.

Thanks so long.a

--

Warm regards,

Brandt Steenkamp

Sent from Thunderbird

Contact me:

Phone: +27605259181 <calto://+27605259181/>

Email: Here <mailto:brandt.steenkamp@...>

Twitter: @brandtsteenkamp <http://www.twitter.com/brandtsteenkamp>

--

Warm regards,