From: "Gene" <gsasner@ripco.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2017 7:05 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] need accessible OCR software for scanning books and printed materials

I would expect that the version of Fine Reader you are using can be used with NVDA. I have an old version, probably older than yours. Your version may have more capabilities than mine and have different options. But in mine, and my impression is that in general, if you aren't scanning directly into Microsoft Word, you can scan a page, then copy and paste it into another program. I use Notepad. Then the page can be read in Notepad and you can paste as many pages as you like in and let them accumulate before reading them. Unless you want to spend money to upgrade, I suspect that what you have now is better than any free options.