Re: a problem a friend is having after installing a windows update

If DISM doesn't work I don't have any other ideas that a Reset with "keep my files" as the first option and moving on from there.

Since this is a virtual Windows environment running on a Mac the software maker for the virtual environment may have some tricks that I know nothing about.  I've worked with one and only one "Win10 on Mac" client.

            ~ Dorothy Nevill