Re: windows 10 app esencials announsing what updates you have

brian <sackriderbrian45@...>

    My point was that when you do check for updates and you do have updates you don't know what they are but in windows 7 you always did.  why can't this be done in windows 10? We should be able to what updates just the sighted can and you should not to wait until they are installed and check your pdate history.

Brian Sackrider

On 4/12/2017 2:43 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:

Won't NVDA announce the Updates in the Windows Update pane of Update & security settings?

I've never seen the specific updates listed other than in that dialog or when checking Update History from within that same dialog.  With "Windows as a Service" updates to Windows Defender definitions and the like occur without your knowing about it most of the time unless you specifically look in Update History.  I generally don't know that an Update has been applied unless said update requires a restart.  I look in Update History after the fact most of the time since you cannot reject updates to Windows 10 and I wouldn't want to, anyway.

            ~ Dorothy Nevill