Re: windows 10 app esencials announsing what updates you have

Brian,

          I can see.  I cannot see what updates I will get until the list has populated, usually one by one.  Yes, I can see what's coming in before the install begins, but what does that matter because you can't stop it.

          If you want to know what's being installed then you need to constantly go and trigger a Check for Updates and wait for the first to begin either downloading or installing (depending on the sizes involved) and review the list.

          It's essentially no different than what the sighted get except that you need to wait for the auditory cue that the updates have begun downloading or installing.

          Things have changed in Windows 10 and the vast majority of users, including myself, have no idea of what's being installed until after the fact because Windows Update has changed significantly and by design keeps the process as "set it and forget it" as possible.

           I don't know what you think that the add-on should do unless you want it to lock up your processing by watching and waiting for each update name to be populated in the list, which is not always quick.

           If you want to know what's coming in you can wait and listen using NVDA, rather than look, as the sighted world has to do but with sight.  No screen reader is telepathic about how a dynamic list might populate until it's done populating.

            ~ Dorothy Nevill