Re: windows 10 app esencials announsing what updates you have

brian <sackriderbrian45@...>

    I don't have a windows 7 pc I don't use narator as for the time take what time that you need and as for how many users would want this add on thats ask all users and find out.

Brian Sackrider

On 4/12/2017 8:10 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

Please answer the following questions, as it’ll help me with a potential research:

  1. Do you have a Windows 7 or 8.1 computer you can test to see if NVDA announces update titles as they are being downloaded?
  2. If you use Narrator in Windows 10, do you hear Narrator announce update titles as they are being downloaded?
  3. On the scale from 1 to 10, how likely do you think others will use this suggestion?
  4. How long do you think I can spend to implement this feature, complete with testing it on Windows 10 versions 1511, 1607, 1703 and Insider builds?

Not that I’ll turn this request down today – I want you to ask deep questions as you help me with my research. Nor I’m going to avoid this request today - I want you to give me justifications so I can allocate time for it. Not that NVDA developers will ignore this request – they will work on it if justifications are there (to digress a bit, there was a feature suggestion to implement virtual ribbons but was turned down as there was no compelling justifications and it is a matter of people learning how to use it effectively).

Cheers,

Joseph