Re: nvda and libreoffice

juan gonzalez <jgonzalezh614@...>

I am just getting into libre Office and was wondering if you had some
tips on how to make it work better with NVDA. Thus far i have disabled
use java features and enabled use beta features. not sure if that is a
good thing or not but it seemed to make NVDA work a bit better with it.
Issues i have been getting include:

i was trying to set a password to a document and when i went into
settings/security and tried to find the add a password button. NVDA
would not tab around the dialog. i don't even know how i got it to find
the button but i did. when i set the password i selected OK and it took
me back to the settings dialog where again i could not tab around to the
OK button. as far as i know it didn't add my password to the file and
haven't found a way to do it.

another problem is when i put a misspelled word and i correct it with
the applications key. NVDA doesn't seem to know where it is at and i
have to pull up the start menu and go back to the libre Office to be
able to keep editing my document. happens also in excel sheets.

any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated

On 3/4/2016 12:11 PM, Governor staten wrote:
Answer to one of those questions, the one concerning not needing access
bridge is yes. The answer to your second question is always the latest
version. I'm running LibreOffice 4.10, and I'm having no major issues.
It is perfectly accessible.

On 3/4/2016 12:30 PM, Josh Kennedy wrote:
hi
is libreoffice or openoffice or both now accessible with NVDA without
the java access bridge? if so which one and which version?