Re: windows 10 app esencials announsing what updates you have

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 08:19 pm, Pauline Smith wrote:
I use NVDA with no additional add-ons.  I have never installed any add-ons and am not sure where or how to do so.  Most of the people I know or teach who use this screen reader do not use add-ons.

Pauline,

         As an aside I would really encourage you to take a look at the add-ons available for NVDA here.  You might be very, very pleasantly surprised at some of what you find and, if you start using certain add-ons, wonder how you ever managed (or would ever want to manage) without them.

         For me, some of the add-ons are an integral part of "The NVDA Experience."

         They're worth checking out even if you don't use them they're worth knowing about in case someone using NVDA or learning NVDA expressed the desire to be able to do one or more of the many things the add-ons make possible, or at least much, much easier.

            ~ Dorothy Nevill