Re: this NVDA error is driving me nuts!

Gene

We'll see how this develops.  I've seen the same complaint once or twice before and I don't remember how or if it was resolved.  NVDA wouldn't be expected to have anything to do with the problem but I don't rule out the possibility of odd behavior when dealing with Windows and Windows programs in odd cases.  Very low probability things might occur very rarely.

Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2017 12:16 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] this NVDA error is driving me nuts!

NVDA has nothing to do with which browser is launched as far as ican see. It
is dictated by the file associations in windows, which file types and links
are opened by which browser if its not your default. are you saying that
doing exactly the same thing in Jaws does not have this effect. I'd be very
sceptical about this myself unless its jaws which is doing the altering to
the browser and not NVDA.
 We would need to know all the details of the operating system and which
versions of which browsers were installed and exact steps to reproduce the
effect you get.
 The only time I've seen other browsers open is.
 If a link is clicked in that other browser first.
If a program is configured to use a different browser, such as for example
the file hippo utility or Microsoft windows update in XP which will always
use Internet Explorer.

Occasionally, a particular web page can be configured to send a command to
another program, such as when it needs flash or something, but its not often
I've seen this re launch a different browser. Of course Itunes in Windows
has its own heap of rubbish  that accesses the internet as do other bits of
software, some of these are based on Internet Explorer.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-