From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian's
Mail list account
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2017 8:32 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] a problem a friend is having after installing a windows
update

I don't think in Windows 10 that system restore is on by default
unfortunately.
I find it was a bit flakey on 10 anyway.
I'd be tempted to restore an old back up and try again. If its a major
update then it is usually possible to roll back to the old system. However
menues that do not read can be due to many rhings, often as simple as a DLL
used for accessibility not being registered with the system. Unfortunately
sfc /scannow seems not to rectify this problem when it happens.
I don't have access to ten as my machine blew up but in 7 a restore of an
old back up fixed it. Suspect? An update to an office product did the dirty
deed.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.