Sent: Saturday, April 15, 2017 10:28 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Anyone ever thought about making NVDA recognize NVDA or nvda as its own acronym?

On Sat, Apr 15, 2017 at 07:55 am, Gene wrote:
Carelesness and sloppy writing are endemic today but that isn't the screen-reader's responsibility to redress.

Gene,

          That is indeed true in theory, but it sure would be helpful if it did it in practice.   I cannot tell you how many times people on this very list write NVDA in its lowercase format.  I'll tweak the dictionary myself, as its a trivial exercise, but making things the most functional at handling what is, rather than what should be, is a far better design philosophy, period.

            ~ Dorothy Nevill