Re: Anyone ever thought about making NVDA recognize NVDA or nvda as its own acronym?

Gene

We will have to disagree.  I want to know when someone is being careless or sloppy, just as a sighted person does when looking at the screen.  I know what NVDA is, in capitals or lower case   It is read as if it’s a word but its meaning is plain.
And I don't think a screen-reader should encourage carelessness  by hiding it. 

Gene

Sent: Saturday, April 15, 2017 10:28 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Anyone ever thought about making NVDA recognize NVDA or nvda as its own acronym?

On Sat, Apr 15, 2017 at 07:55 am, Gene wrote:
Carelesness and sloppy writing are endemic today but that isn't the screen-reader's responsibility to redress. 

Gene,

That is indeed true in theory, but it sure would be helpful if it did it in practice.   I cannot tell you how many times people on this very list write NVDA in its lowercase format.  I'll tweak the dictionary myself, as its a trivial exercise, but making things the most functional at handling what is, rather than what should be, is a far better design philosophy, period.
--
Brian

The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

~ Dorothy Nevill

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.