Re: Email Client

Peter Chin

Thanks, Gene and Brian. No, I was not thinking of uninstalling MS Office. I was meaning I might have to uninstall WLM. However, Gene has sent me another suggestion which I will try soon. When I have done it, I will inform you whether it works.

Thanks again.

Sent: Friday, April 14, 2017 10:47 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Email Client

I'll second Gene's suggestion that you do not uninstall Microsoft Office.

It is a simple matter to uninstall and reinstall Windows Live Mail (provided you have the installer downloaded already, and if you don't you can snag in in 7z zipped format here) and, provided you've been using IMAP access to get to your email account(s) all of your messages will have been retained on the server and will be visible again when you set up your account(s) in a fresh installation of WLM.  If you've been using POP, with the conventional settings that delete messages from the server either on download or after a certain number of days, the issue becomes significantly more complicated if you need to keep old messages.

            ~ Dorothy Nevill