From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gary
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 11:14 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Chat Software

Hello,

My workplace uses Jabber extensively to chat internally.  I have been using Thunderbird's built-in chat, but find that it occasionally scrambles my outgoing messages, which is very strange, annoying, and has to be with T-Bird specifically because I don't have this issue with any other software.  For example, the line:

"The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog"

Might be changed to:

"ver the lazy dogThe quick brown fox jumps o"

Obviously, this happens while I'm typing, but I have no way to know this.  So, I guess this is a two part question:

1. Has anyone experienced this behavior and knows of a solution?

2. More importantly: does anyone know of a chat program, besides Thunderbird and Trillian, that works well with NVDA?  I've tried mIRC and Pidgin, but both have issues with NVDA.

Thanks!

Gary