Has anyone seen this mysterious windows problem?

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

After some use, particualy if you have multiple folders and software open and are alt tabbing around them, you suddenly find windows menus do not work, well, some do but say the following certainly don't
Context menus
Shut down menu
nvda menu, which is like a context I guess, and some other parts of windows.
Now I cannot it seems invoke narrator to get to see if the menus are there or not. I've seen this mostly in windows 7, but occasionally in 10 before my machine went bang. A complete windows restart puts things right but nvda restarts have no effect.
I've tried shutting and opening again explorer, with no effect as the task manager does still operate.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-