I'm not sure what version of Internet Explorer I am using.  If I'm not mistaken, I get spoken prompts of percdentages during downloading.  Don't quote me on this.

Speaking of such things, how can you find out what version of a program you are currently using?

Pauline

On 4/18/2017 6:06 PM, Gene wrote:
I almost never use Internet Explorer and I haven't upgraded beyond 8.  In 8, when you would start a download, the download window opens.  If you are in the window and if NVDA is set to read progress bars, you will here the percent spoken.  In IE11, I don't know what happens, but I'm confident that if you are in the right place, you will hear the percentage as well.  I consider this to be of very little importance because, for one thing, I use my computer during downloads most of the time and I'm not in the window.  It's really no trouble to check the download window of whatever browser I'm using off and on to see when a download completes.  And also, Internet Explorer can be made to play a sound when a download completes.

Gene

Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 4:14 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] my 2 sugestions and the microsoft accessability line

Hi, Brian,

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you here. If you want to hear the percentage when something is downloading, just press insert U. The choices you'll get are beep, speak percentages or no speech. You don't really need something special like an add-on or narrator to announce percentages when downloading a file.

Rosemarie