Re: using find to locate text on a webpage with NVDA 17.1

Dan Thompson

Yes, the find was causing me problems. 

However, I do have one more question now you asked.

When I am using google, when moving to the search edit field I press the letter f as with other screenreading programs.

Then when reaching “search landmark combo box editable” I hit enter, a short click signaling the edit field is opened.

Then I enter text and hit enter.

Next I press escape and a short beep is heard.  Pressing H will move me through the search results as should happen.  Is that the recommended way with NVDA?

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 6:17 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] using find to locate text on a webpage with NVDA 17.1

It's control NVDA key f.  If you are using the default desktop layout, insert is the only active NVDA key.  Do you know other commands students should know such as read current line and other screen review commands?

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 6:03 PM

Subject: [nvda] using find to locate text on a webpage with NVDA 17.1

Greeting NVDA wizards,

I am trying to write directions for some students on how to search a webpage for text.

I am using AFB.org site. I wish them to locate “access” that will land the cursor on “Access World Registered.” This is a magazine published by AFB which I am sure all of you have heard of.

However, When trying control-f, typing in the search and hitting enter. The cursor does not move anywhere.

I had heard this was going to be fixed in Version 17.1. Does anyone have a solution or work around?

Thanks in advance.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.