Re: my 2 sugestions and the microsoft accessability line

Ryan Mann <rmann0581@...>

When I download something in IE 11, I need to hit Alt N then Tab to Save, press Enter. If I don't do anything else, I hear the percentage.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 18, 2017, at 8:15 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@...> wrote:

You could hit insert B to give you the information. That's what I do when I'm downloading files with IE 11.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of brian
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 4:09 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] my 2 sugestions and the microsoft accessability line

Thats not true I do have my nvda to speak percentages but in ie 11 it does not speak the percentages try it and you will see that you do need an add on. I even did try having the background progress bars checked but no go so try before you post.

Brian Sackrider

On 4/18/2017 5:14 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
Hi, Brian,

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you here. If you want to hear the percentage when something is downloading, just press insert U. The choices you'll get are beep, speak percentages or no speech. You don't really need something special like an add-on or narrator to announce percentages when downloading a file.

Rosemarie

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
brian
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 1:44 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] my 2 sugestions and the microsoft accessability line

lastweek I called the accessability line and gave them my sugestions for narator and since then I have in email contact with Sean about this. He would pass on my sugestions and he also said that would make narator stand out. I told him that if narator could read the percentages when downloading in internet explorer and have narator announce every update as it is being downloaded. I told him that nvda does not do theese things and I don't that it ever will. Theese are both microsoft issues with windows so this should be able to be done. This would make naratordo what other screen readers can't do.

Brian Sackrider

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.