Re: using find to locate text on a webpage with NVDA 17.1

Chris Mullins

Hi

I tried to access afb.org using NVDA 17.1 and observed the following:

  • Opened afb.com site in Google chrome
  • * pressed letter f
  • * landed in ‘Search edit’ box, no reference to landmark or combo box
  • Pressed spacebar to enter focus mode and typed ‘access world’, (just as a test).
  • Pressed tab and landed on a ‘Go’ button, which I assume is what is pressed to start the search (Your pressing enter after typing your search criteria works just as well but if your instructing students, using the site as intended may be a more correct approach)
  • Landed on link entitled ‘Skip to Content’, and pressed enter to activate
  • Landed on heading entitled ‘Search Results for: access world’
  • Used down arrow to read through the search results.

A ‘one size fits all’ approach to browsing the web is not appropriate as sites have varying levels of accessibility built into them.  Afb.com has accessibility at the forefront of it’s design and as you would expect is very blind user friendly.

HTH

Chris