Re: Wordpad ribbons

brian <sackriderbrian45@...>

    Now you see why we need to have updates announced when you check for updates so you can defer them until there is a fix for them and some on this list don't think so.  Some of us care what is being downloaded in toour computers.  I still want what little control I still have.

Brian Sackrider

On 4/18/2017 11:36 PM, Gene wrote:
I'm not sure which list it was on but the subject of ribbons came up in Wordpad yesterday.  two people reported that they couldn't get the ribbons to come up.  there was speculation as to the cause but now we know.  On another list, the topic came up again tonight.  A list member reports that his ribbons working properly in Windows 7.  He then installed the four important updates Microsoft said should be installed and now they no longer work.  So much for the wonders of forced updates in Windows 10.  this was in Windows 7, as I said and we don't know if Windows 10 is affected.  But all those who cannot defer updates may have this problem.  They can't be deferred in Windows 10 home.