Re: Wordpad ribbons

mk360

Wooo, testing it, wordpad is totally unusable for me in Windows 7. I can't open ribbons, I can't move between buttons in save dialog, I can't locate the ribbon with object navigation (I can locate these using flat navigation but is not activated) etc... horrible.

El 19/04/2017 a las 4:38, Brian's Mail list account escribió:
Hmm, for the record in 7 at least one can import the xp version of Wordpad with its ordinary ribbons.
It also seems to get around the apparent random format choices in save that the newer version seems to exhibit, at least for myself.
Thinks.. I wonder if this is in any way related to the some menues dont work after running some software, issue I meantioned yesterday?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene" <gsasner@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 4:36 AM
Subject: [nvda] Wordpad ribbons

I'm not sure which list it was on but the subject of ribbons came up in Wordpad yesterday. two people reported that they couldn't get the ribbons to come up. there was speculation as to the cause but now we know. On another list, the topic came up again tonight. A list member reports that his ribbons working properly in Windows 7. He then installed the four important updates Microsoft said should be installed and now they no longer work. So much for the wonders of forced updates in Windows 10. this was in Windows 7, as I said and we don't know if Windows 10 is affected. But all those who cannot defer updates may have this problem. They can't be deferred in Windows 10 home.