Re: using NVDA with the facebook website?

Dan Beaver

Hi Gene and others,

I will respond to this posting and not all the other helpful posts.

I appreciate all the suggestions and help that has been given. I also apologize for not responding more quickly but we had some issues here and I am just now getting back to my system.

I am running the latest version of Firefox on a windows 10 64 bit system.

I have tried the m.facebook.com site and have found it tremendously easier to use than the normal facebook.com site. I believe I will be using it from now on. I even made some settings changes that I have tried multiple times on the normal site and failed. This site made these changes so much easier.

Gene, I will definitely be using several of the shortcuts you gave me. I really appreciate the info.

Thanks again all.

Dan Beaver

On 3/28/2016 1:56 AM, Gene New Zealand wrote:
Hi Dan

What browser are you using? There is different key combos for each browser.
I user these alot along with the quick navigation keys in facebook. I
use face book more to post stuff like when I update my website or read a
little material from what people are saying. I did start putting
together a basic tutorial on how to use face book, but have not done
much about it. It is one of those unfinished projects.

But I do have a list of the shortcuts for your browser here if you want
them.

Gene nz

On 28-Mar-16 2:12 PM, Dan Beaver wrote:
Hi,

I have been trying to use the facebook website. I am totally confused
about how to do things like posting things and making comments to
friends' posts. How do you do this with a screen reader and
especially NVDA?

Are there shortcuts or something that I should be using?

Thanks.

Dan Beaver