Re: NVDA and LibreOfice annoyances - Two, three or many places?

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 09:28 am, Walmir Schultz wrote:
The fact that a screen reader announces something different than that is shown in the screen is a very serious problem.

If we encounter this problem in a spreadsheet, the urgency of a solution is unquestionable.

It is only truly urgent, as opposed to a major annoyance, if what is being announced in reference to a number deprives you of the information you need.

If something is set to display two or three decimal places and NVDA reads five, as an example, you can still work with that.  Your description states that there is an excess of information, not a lack of it.

If you believe you've found a bug, and I believe you have, then reporting it via the NVDA Github bug reporting page is about all you can do.  Things get fixed in due time.

            ~ Dorothy Nevill