Re: NVDA and LibreOfice annoyances - Two, three or many places?

walmir,
if you did not have these problems in libreoffice 5.1 and you
incounter them only in 5.2 and later, you should subscribe in bugs
report for libreoffice and inform developers of libreoffice to fix
them.
www.bugs.libreoffice.org

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 09:28 am, Walmir Schultz wrote:

The fact that a screen reader announces something different than that is
shown in the screen is a very serious problem.

If we encounter this problem in a spreadsheet, the urgency of a solution
is unquestionable.
It is only truly urgent, as opposed to a major annoyance, if what is being
announced in reference to a number deprives you of the information you
need.

If something is set to display two or three decimal places and NVDA reads
five, as an example, you can still work with that.  Your description states
that there is an excess of information, not a lack of it.

If you believe you've found a bug, and I believe you have, then reporting it
via the NVDA Github bug reporting page is about all you can do.  Things get
fixed in due time.
--
*Brian*

*     * *The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in
the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting
moment.*

*           ~ Dorothy Nevill*

**
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.