Re: Keystroke for reading a specific Object

Jonathan Milam

Thanks, Brian.  I haven’t looked at that add-on but will give it a try and see how it goes.  I appreciate the suggestion.

Jonathan

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2017 10:19 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Keystroke for reading a specific Object

Jonathan,

           I can't say that this will be exactly what you want, but have you taken a look at the Golden Cursor add-on.  If you have mouse tracking on, and define the position of the object you wish to have read, you can then use Golden Cursor to jump to that position and mouse tracking will cause what's under the mouse to be read.

           It's not quite as easy as direct definition of a "jump to this spot" button, but it gets close.  I guess it also depends on the nature of the object on which you wish to place focus as well as far as how it would be read by mouse tracking.

            ~ Dorothy Nevill