Re: Keystroke for reading a specific Object

Jonathan Milam

Thanks, Quentin.  I see what you mean.  This is perfect.

Jonathan

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2017 8:55 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Keystroke for reading a specific Object

To set a "hotspot" you can have NVDA read while still working elsewhere, you can use the review cursor.  Move the review cursor to the object (the countdown timer in this case) that you want to be able to read, then press NVDA+7 to turn follow system focus off, so the review cursor won't jump back to the current focus when you move around the screen normally.

See the section on Navigating with NVDA in the User Guide for more information: https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/documentation/userGuide.html?#toc29

The "Basic Training for NVDA" module also contains extensive information on using the review cursor and object navigation.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 7:40 AM, Jonathan Milam <milamj@...> wrote:

Ahhh thanks, good to know!!