NVDA without soundcard, remote solution?

Jack Mendez

Would it be possible to use NVDA on a computer without a sound card together with NVDA remote? I would like to experiment with this in cases where the audio drivers fail on a computer and still need to troubleshoot the situation. In addition, I would also like to know where to look for resources on how to manually install add-ins along with the screen reader. I could potentially configure the NVDA portable edition with add-ins, and then copy it to the remote system and configure services to start NVDA? Does that sound reasonable to anyone?

Thanks for the help.

Jack Mendez, Director of Technology

Louisiana Center for the Blind

101 South Trenton Street

Ruston, LA 71270

Voice: 800-234-4166

Fax: 318-251-0109

Twitter: jmtech10

www.louisianacenter.org

“Together, we are changing what it means to be blind.”