Re: NVDA without soundcard, remote solution?

Bill Dengler

Jack,
Yes, it’s possible to use NVDA remote without sound on the host.
I have a preconfigured portable copy of NVDA with speech disabled and the “automatically connect to remote server” option enabled to use for this purpose.

Bill

On Apr 21, 2017, at 12:59 PM, Jack Mendez <jmendez@...> wrote:

Would it be possible to use NVDA on a computer without a sound card together with NVDA remote? I would like to experiment with this in cases where the audio drivers fail on a computer and still need to troubleshoot the situation. In addition, I would also like to know where to look for resources on how to manually install add-ins along with the screen reader. I could potentially configure the NVDA portable edition with add-ins, and then copy it to the remote system and configure services to start NVDA? Does that sound reasonable to anyone?
Thanks for the help.

Jack Mendez, Director of Technology
Louisiana Center for the Blind
101 South Trenton Street
Ruston, LA 71270
Voice: 800-234-4166
Fax: 318-251-0109
Twitter: jmtech10

“Together, we are changing what it means to be blind.”