Re: NVDA without soundcard, remote solution?

Bill Dengler

Just create a portable copy (from tools>create portable copy on a running instance of NVDA or from the “create portable copy” button of the installer).
Install the remote add-on to the portable copy.
Go to tools>remote>options, check the box labeled “automatically connect to control server on startup” and configure as desired.
Disable speech if you’d like (NVDA+CTRL+s, select no speech and press OK).
After disabling speech, press NVDA+n, s, enter, NVDA+q, enter.
Then just copy the directory containing the portable NVDA to the remote host.

Bill

On Apr 21, 2017, at 1:59 PM, Jack Mendez <jmendez@...> wrote:

Hi Bill.
Thank you for responding so quickly.
Is it simply a matter of configuring the remote copy as I like and placing the binaries on the remote host? Are there any items I need to make sure I configure?

Jack Mendez, Director of Technology
Louisiana Center for the Blind
101 South Trenton Street
Ruston, LA 71270
Voice: 800-234-4166
Fax: 318-251-0109
Twitter: jmtech10

“Together, we are changing what it means to be blind.”