Slow behavior of NVDA in Outlook 2016

Sylvie Duchateau

Hello all,

First, let me introduce myself as I am new on this list.

My name is Sylvie, I live in France and work for a company training people on how to make web sites accessible to all.

I use NVDA as my primary screen reader and am really enthusiastic about it.

I write you today for one user who encounters a very slow behaviour of NVDA while using OUtlook 2016 on his Lenovo PC running on Windows 10.

He uses Google APP Sync in order to synchronise his mails, calendars and contacts between his different devices.

When he writes or displays e-mails, NVDA reacts very slowly. It sometimes takes 3 or 4 seconds while going to the next word.

He tried several things to solve the problem: changing his anti-virus software, disabling Windows Defender, changing settings on Outlook and Lenovo tools, but nothing has improved.

He installed Jaws 18 and did not encounter the same issue.

Has anyone similar problems or any solutions?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards

Sylvie