Re: Slow behavior of NVDA in Outlook 2016

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Hi Sylvie,

I am using Outlook 2016 with NVDA on Windows 10 and I do not encounter any slowing down between screens or when reading text. The only time I experience that kind of slowdown of speech is in Excel when I am reading formulas. NVDA takes a while to say "left paren" or "right paren". I looked into this and found that the mathematical symbols are not in the default dictionary file and NVDA has to go to another file to find the word to speak and describe the bracket under the cursor.

Your problem sounds so like this that I wonder if you have a language setting problem. Are you working in French or English? If in French, are you using Outlook in English while your language setting is French? On the other hand, is it the reverse? By that I mean, are you using French when your default language setting is English? Apart from either of these settings, do any of the words you meet have French accents or other French symbols? If so, then you may be experiencing the same problem as mine in Excel where NVDA has to go to a different file to find the words for those symbols.

Let me know if any of this applies to your situation.

Yours sincerely,

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

of
I use the free version of Spam Reader to get rid of spam. The Professional version doesn't have this disclaimer in outgoing emails.