Re: Anyone having issues with NVDA+F6 in Creators Update?

Roger Stewart

I have seen problems with the F7 in nvda where it won't display the elements list but just says something weird like "Carrot Browsing".  I have no idea of what this means, and I think it is of no use to me.  This is kind of rare, and if I hit the F7 a few times, it will go away and I'll get the elements lists.

Roger

On 4/28/2017 7:05 PM, Gene wrote:

It sounds as though this may not be an NVDA problem.  Are you using the same version of Windows as the student?  If so, perhaps a Windows update has caused problems.  It's unlikely that the insert key would work intermittently on two different screen-readers unless it actually isn't working properly for some other reason.

Sent: Friday, April 28, 2017 6:00 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Anyone having issues with NVDA+F6 in Creators Update?

Actually, this was a typo, but I will admit that I was trying both F6 and F7 along with the NVDA key.

I'm back at home now but at least 50% of the time or more if I do NVDA+F7 I get the dialog box about turning Caret Browsing on or off, which I do not ever recall as happening before.

I was also getting some very weird misbehavior out of JAWS 18 with regard to its interaction with the use of WinKey and typing to search.  I think the latest dot update fixed that, but more testing will be required.