Re: Help! Any way to disable error sound?

Gene

I'm not sure if there is a way other than this but before I go into it in more detail than I am now, I'll wait and see.  But one thing you can do is to create a wave file with a bit of silence and nothing else.  Then you can replace the error wave file with that one.  I'm not sure where the files are stored in the installed version.  I have such a file if you want it and I use it in the portable version I run to eliminate sounds I don't want.

From: mk360
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2017 9:16 PM
Subject: [nvda] Help! Any way to disable error sound?

Hi,

That is. I've a Word document but when I try to read it NVDA constantly
play the error sound and display an error in the log viewer. However,
NVDA reads the document, but the sound is too disturbing. So can I
disable the sound? I know that can be important for resolving bugs, bla
bla bla, but for now it is for my study, I have only some days to
prepare the test and is desperating... I can report that later, but now
I need to read it, and concentrate in it.

It is the error in the log, I've no idea why:

ERROR - RPC process 4504 (WINWORD.EXE) (23:08:55):
Thread 5996, build\x86\remote\winword.cpp,
detectAndGenerateColumnFormatXML, 962:
pageWidth does not equal the calculated page width. Some margin or
offset me be missed, this may mean that some column numbers reported
were incorrect. pageWidth: 612 colStartPos: 537.05

Thanks,

mk.