Re: problems with vfo

speaking of vfo they just snatched up another company

I sware there ought to be a federal investigation in to there practices and I am dead serious on that one.

see the below article from blind bargains.

VFO Expands Again with Acquisition of The Paciello Group

VFO, owners of the Freedom Scientific, Optelec, and AI Squared brands, is growing in size once again with the acquisition of The Paciello Group.
Founded in 2002, The Paciello Group specializes in accessibility testing and remediation, especially as it relates to WCAG 2.0 and Section 508, two standards which guide organizations and government agencies toward accessibility compliance. VFO had an existing team specializing in enterprise-class accessibility solutions, though the acquisition will allow them to put much more of a focus on these areas.
Some of their clients according to their website include AT&T, The Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Google, Hyatt, and Charles Schwab.

In Their Own Words

The Paciello Group is passionately dedicated to helping government agencies, technology vendors, e-commerce corporations, and educational institutions make their technology equally accessible to all people, including those with disabilities. The company offers professional consulting, technology solutions, and services to ensure that clients reach all audiences effectively and efficiently while meeting commercial, governmental and international standards such as Section 508 and WCAG.

Source: The Paciello Group
Category: News
Displaying 1 comment.
darknexus Tuesday, 02-May-2017 07:25 AM ET:

Holy crap. Does anyone else realize that in any other industry, this would be grounds for a Federal investigation? Is anyone else worried by the worst screen reader maker acquiring the entire AT industry outside of Apple and Google? I know I am, considering their track record of crazy litigation.

source:

https://www.blindbargains.com/bargains.php?m=17124

thanks

Hank

On 5/3/2017 6:14 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
It sounds like thats where I will go to.

I hate to say this but it looks like vfo is not a company I want to deal with if at all possible now if my workplace wants jaws I will use it but even so.

On 3/05/2017 11:40 p.m., Josh Kennedy wrote:
hello

When I called vfo in the past they seemed quite hostile to my suggestion of making a free version of jaws. And also if you get a braille display in the future, I would recommend getting an orbit reader20 braille display plus book reader plus note taker all in one, from american printing house. It will probably be released next month in June. And a brand new orbit20 will only cost around or a bit less than $500 and its liquid and dust resistant, rugged and durable, the only one made to work in hostile environments. And it works good with NVDA.

.