Re: NVDA2016.1 questions

Gene NZ <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

A while ago I put together different ways on how to start NVDA with a USB stick and or a CD version.
Any files that were needed are there as well.

A few years back Microsoft disabled the autoplay menu so the way it used to be started like that will not do it, because the autoplay menu was disabled. You have to enable the autoplay menu for it to work.

I know it works on the CD version but ca not remember for the USB version, I would have to check. I will have a look later on today on my windows 10 machine and see if it still works with the autoplay menu when the USB stick is plugged in.

Any how there are other ways of starting NVDA up there if you want to check them out. The link to this page is http://accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20audio%20tutorials.html
You can jump down quickly to the section by using the letter H in NVDA. Look for the section to do with USB stick and CD.

Hope this helps.

Gene nz

On 05-Mar-16 7:32 AM, juan gonzalez wrote:
I haven't used iTunes in a while so couldn't tell you what is happening,
but the last time i used it. it worked well with NVDA 15.4 and iTunes 12
or whatever the latest one was. It would be nice to have an auto run
feature for the portable copy of NVDA. I tried creating one and it would
only auto run in windows vista. Next project maybe would be to create an
NVDA stick that you can carry with you and it can just start talking as
soon as it is plugged in.

On 3/4/2016 12:03 PM, Roger Stewart wrote:
Can't answer the first one, but I used to run a portable nvda on my
netbook and I got it to start automatically by placing a shortcut to
it's .exe file in the startup folder of Windows.

Roger

On 3/4/2016 11:51 AM, Chris Shook wrote:
Hi,
I have a few questions regarding NVDA 2016.1 and NVDA in particular.
1. NVDA 201.1 is freezing up a lot when I atempt to use iTunes. It's
getting to the point that I am switching to another screen reader to
use iTunes. Is there a fix for this issue?
2. When using a portable copy of NVDA, is there a way to set it to
star automatically as soon as you plug it into your computer?
Thanks
Chris